A lot of people want to visit the biggest mall in the world, which is located in Dubai, and iconically, the name of the mall is Dubai Mall.
But how is this mall the biggest in the world? To answer that question, allow us to tell you how this mall is the biggest and what it has that your local mall probably doesn’t have.
How Big is The Biggest Mall In The World?
The Dubai Mall is so big that it covers more than 1 million square miles, which means that it is equivalent to around 200 football pitches. This mall is located right next to the Burj Khalifa, which is the world’s largest tallest building. The mall that we are talking about has more than 1,200 retail stores, two major department stores and hundreds of food and beverage outlets.
How Many Stores Are Open In The Dubai Mall?
As of writing this article, the Dubai Mall has more than 1,200 retail stores.
8 Amazing Facts About The Dubai Mall
Here are some of the most amazing facts about the Dubai Mall:
- It has around 1 million square miles, which is equivalent to around 200 football pitches
- The Reel Cinemas of Dubai Mall is considered to be one of the biggest cinemas in the world
- The Dubai Mall Aquarium is the largest indoor aquarium in the world
- The largest sweet shop in this world is located in the Dubai Mall and it is known as the Candylicious
- The Dubai Mall is home to over 1200 shops
- The Dubai Mall gets around 75 million visitors on a yearly basis
- The Dubai Mall has the capability of parking around 14,000 cars at the same time
- There is an Olympic Sized Ice Rink in the Dubai Mall
What’s So Special About The Dubai Mall?
The Dubai Mall, which is currently located at the heart of it all in Downtown Dubai, is currently considered to be the most visited retail and lifestyle destination in the world. Official data suggests that this mall is welcoming over 100 million visitors every year. Not only that, but the Dubai Mall has more than 1200 retail outlets, which includes 2 anchor department stores, Galeries Lafayette and Boloomindale’s. Not only that but there are over 200 international dining experiences and a wide range of entertainment and leisure attractions for families to enjoy.
Important Rules To Follow If You Want To Visit The Dubai Mall
If you are planning to visit the Dubai Mall in the future with your family or alone, you are required to follow the following rules:
- Shoulders should be covered
- Knees should be covered
- No pets inside the mall
- No smoking in the mall
- No dangerous activities
- No kissing inside the mall
- No overt displays of affection
Please do note that these are just some of the many rules that you need to follow if you are planning to visit the Dubai Mall in the future with your family or friends.
Are you planning to visit the Dubai mall in the future? Let us know what your plans are by leaving a comment in the comments section below!