Sanibel Island, located off the southwest coast of Florida, is a small barrier island known for its beautiful beaches, amazing shelling, and incredible sunsets.
The island also happens to be home to some of the best restaurants in the state.
From fresh seafood to fine dining, there’s something for everyone on Sanibel Island.
Here are 25 of the best restaurants on Sanibel Island, FL:
1. The Lazy Flamingo – This casual seafood spot is a local favorite, known for its fresh grouper sandwiches and Key lime pie.
2. The Island Cow – A family-friendly restaurant with a fun farm theme, serving up fresh burgers, salads, and ice cream.
3. Doc Ford’s Rum Bar & Grille – A casual waterfront restaurant with a Key West vibe, serving up American fare with a Caribbean twist.
4. The Mucky Duck – A British-style pub located in the heart of historic Captiva Village, serving up traditional pub fares like fish & chips and shepherd’s pie.
5. The Jacaranda – An elegant fine dining restaurant located in the historic Inn of the Jacaranda, offering a creative menu with a focus on fresh, local ingredients.
6. The Timbers Restaurant & Fish Market – A casual seafood spot known for its fresh-caught fish, live music, and outdoor seating with a view of the Sanibel Lighthouse.
7. The Crows Nest – A casual, beachfront restaurant offering American cuisine and beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico.
8. Lighthouse Café – A breakfast and lunch spot known for its delicious pancakes, omelets, and sandwiches.
9. The Basin – A casual restaurant located in the marina, serving up fresh seafood and American classics with a view of the boats.
10. The Island Cow Ice Cream Shop – A scoop shop located next to The Island Cow restaurant, serving homemade ice cream in a variety of flavors.
11. The Sanibel Sprout – A health food café offering a variety of vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options.
12. Traders Store & Cafe – A casual café located inside the Island’s only grocery store, offering a menu of sandwiches, salads, and pizzas.
13. The Bubble Room – A unique restaurant located in an old cottage, known for its over-the-top decorations and classic American food.
14. Jerry’s Foods of Sanibel – A gourmet grocery store with a café offering a variety of hot and cold sandwiches, salads, and soups.
15. Café Gallery – A casual café located in the Sanibel Historical Museum, offering a menu of sandwiches, salads, and pastries.
16. The Sandy Parrot – A casual, beachfront bar serving up American food and drinks with a view of the Gulf of Mexico.
17. Jac’s Place – A small, family-run restaurant serving up home-cooked Italian food.
18. Cilantros – A casual Mexican restaurant known for its fresh, made-to-order tacos and burritos.
19. The Lazy Flamingo To-Go – A take-out window located next to The Lazy Flamingo restaurant, serving up their famous grouper sandwiches and Key lime pie.
20. Sanibel Deli – A casual sandwich shop located in the Sanibel Marina, offering a menu of hot and cold sandwiches, salads, and soups.
21. The Creamery – An ice cream shop located in the Island Plaza shopping center, serving up a variety of ice cream flavors and toppings.
22. Sanibel Island Coffee Company – A coffee shop located in the Island plaza shopping center, offering a menu of coffees, teas, and pastries.
23. The Island Cow Creamery – An ice cream shop located next to The Island Cow restaurant, serving up a variety of ice cream flavors and toppings.
24. Dixie Fish Company – A seafood market located in the Sanibel Marina, selling fresh-caught fish and live lobster.
25. The Sanibel Sea School – A marine education center offering a variety of programs and classes, as well as a café serving sandwiches, salads, and soups.
To Wrap up:
Sanibel Island is a world-renowned beach destination. The island is home to many high-end resorts, hotels, and restaurants. Visitors come from all over the world to enjoy the island’s white sand beaches, beautiful sunsets, and warm weather.
There are many great restaurants on Sanibel Island, ranging from casual beachfront cafes to upscale seafood establishments. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a leisurely meal, you’re sure to find something to suit your taste on Sanibel Island.