Driving and motoring offences are the most common areas of law today. However, many people make the mistake of assuming that such offences aren’t contestable.
Though it might not always be clear what qualifies as ‘serious motoring offences,’ they do cause certain inconveniences such as a ban, criminal record, or even prison in severe cases. This is where the best motoring law solicitor comes in. With their expert legal advice and representation, they reduce the seriousness of driving or motoring offences, ensuring that your personal and professional life does not get affected.
Not sure how a motoring law acts as a successful defence? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered!
What Are Some Serious Motoring Offences?
Less serious motoring offences such as low-level speeding, parking charges, and document offences only result in small fines or fees.
On the other hand, offences that come within the scope of serious motoring offences cover the biggest consequences, especially when they involve the death of another person. In such cases, hiring a specialist motoring solicitor who can represent you with a professional approach becomes essential.
Examples of serious motoring offences include:
- Dangerous Driving: The unlawful act of dangerous driving is committed when the defendant’s driving falls far below the expected standard of a competent and careful driver. Typical cases are overtaking dangerously, ignoring traffic lights, using a hand-held phone while driving, etc.
- Careless Or Inconsiderate Driving: Driving with due care and attention is referred to as careless or inconsiderate driving. Unnecessarily slow driving, driving through a red light by mistake, overtaking inside, and driving too close to another vehicle are some of the instances of careless driving.
- Driving Under The Influence Of Drugs: Any type of drug that makes you unfit to drive leads to serious motoring offences, giving police the right to pull you over to perform a roadside drug test. The consequences are severe if the drugs you consume are illegal.
- Drink & Drive: It has been drilled over for years – “Don’t drink and drive.” If you are caught over the limit, you may have to face serious charges, a driving ban, or prison time.
- Excessive Speeding: Speeding at 45% over the legal limit is an act of misconduct and results in prosecution.
How Can The Best Motoring Solicitor In London Help?
If you are being prosecuted for a serious motoring offence, it is always better to seek legal guidance from an experienced motoring solicitor in London. With their years of specialisation in fighting for motorists, they act as defense solicitors. In some cases, you may not even need to present at a court hearing.
Just ensure to consider the following factors before choosing any law solicitor in London:
- Years Of Experience
- Proven Track Record
- Cost Certainty
- Nationwide Coverage
- Their Approach To Human Rights
With the help of a specialist motoring law solicitor, you can protect your driving record in the best possible way while remaining on the road. So, choose wisely!