It is one of the most frequently asked questions from the users because we all are curious to know about who is snooping on our profiles secretly. Despite the popular demand from the users, Facebook never considered it as a real feature.
But the curiosity of the users led to many third-party apps promising to provide inside info. There are many ways to get the insights on your profile, track post, and many other things, but Facebook never provided a feature where they allowed the users to view the list of profiles who viewed theirs directly.
How to See Who Views Your Facebook Profile
Facebook help center has made it clear that you cannot view the list of profiles that have been snooping on yours.
The answer from Facebook includes ‘No, Facebook doesn’t let people track who viewed their profile, and third-party apps also can’t provide that functionality. If you see such an app claiming to provide the ability, you should report it.’
So, this is the wording of Facebook on the matter of profile views.
If you want to report a Facebook app, then you do that by following these steps.
How to Report Facebook App:
- Click on the Arrow button from the side and then click on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you need to select Apps and Websites from the left menu; you can search for a particular app by searching its name.
- Now, you need to select View and edit next to that particular app name.
- Now, you will see the give feedback option at the bottom of the page.
- A new popup will open, select the issue you want to report and then click on Next.
- Now, click on Done to finish the process.
Unfortunately, many apps and websites claim they can provide the list of profiles who viewed your profile.
There are many types of apps available online; you should keep away from them. Never install such apps on your computer; they may put your computer at risk but install some unauthorized program. And once you sign in with your login credentials, they may be able to steal all the data from your account.
How to See Who Looked at My Facebook
Well, since the Cambridge Analytica scandal is out in the open, Facebook is in full crisis management mode. The resulting privacy concerns from users and other companies have forced them to show who views their profiles finally.
After that scandal, users were leaving the platform, and then Facebook decided to bow down to the user’s demand. They have now allowed the users to check out the list of profile names who views their profiles.
Their position was weakened by the company’s position following the scandal. You can now see who views your profile, but the feature is buried deep in the settings. And it is only available for iOS now; it is not even available in the web version.
Here is how you can view the list who viewed your profiles.
- Open the Facebook app on iOS devices and tap on the menu option.
- Now, you need to scroll down all the way to privacy shortcuts, tap on it.
- Now, you will see the ‘Who viewed your profile’ option right below the Privacy check-up option.
- Once you tap on that option, you can see the list of the account who has visited your profile in the last 30 days.
So, this was the official way to see who visited my Facebook profile recently.
How to Check Who Viewed Facebook Page
Well, there is little leeway when it comes to seeing information about who viewed your personal profile. But when it comes to Facebook pages, there are always ways you can use to get the information about who viewed your profile.
To access information about Facebook pages, go to your page and click on the insights. But first, you have to open the Facebook account login page and log in to your account.
The insights page will show you a lot of information you need to know about your page and followers. You will be able to see likes, reach, page views, page reviews, actions on the page, and more. But you may not be able to see the names of the people who viewed your page directly.