During pregnancy, your body is constantly going through numerous changes which would require you to look for clothes which would keep you comfortable yet not compromise on your style, as well as help you gradually adapt to the changes in your physique throughout and after your pregnancy…
We all moms come in different shapes and sizes, backgrounds, bodies and have different styles… Thus, finding the right clothing during pregnancy can sometimes be a bit of a hassle… So, as your baby bump grows, you may find yourself unable to fit into all your normal clothes, and are in a fix on how to go about your wardrobe…Then, this post is for you!
Here are some common aspects to consider around maternity wear:
- Why should you invest in Maternity wear ?
- When to Buy Maternity wear
- What to look for in Maternity Wear
- Fashion Trends in Maternity Wear
So, here is a guide that should help you get your maternity clothes online at one place.
- WHY SHOULD YOU INVEST IN MATERNITY WEAR ?
Physical discomforts such as sore muscles, back ache, and breast soreness are common throughout pregnancy. It is essential to dress appropriately during this period. Comfortable clothing can help to alleviate discomfort and make the experience of being pregnant more comfortable…
Thus, pregnancy clothes are made to adapt to the changes in a woman’s physique and body size throughout and after her pregnancy…
Primarily the difference between normal clothes and maternity clothes is that:
- Maternity tops are typically longer and have extra fabric to accommodate a large belly.
- Most are made of a stretchy material such as spandex so your top grows as much as your stomach does.
- Many maternity shirts can also be worn during the fourth trimester, which refers to the time after your child’s delivery when you may no longer fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes. If the shirt is a button-down, V-neck, or cross-front style, it is also suitable for breastfeeding.
So, if investing in maternity clothing is sidelined on a mom-to-Be’s list, they should rethink !
- WHEN TO BUY MATERNITY WEAR
It all boils down to personal preference and comfort when it comes to pregnancy wear, since everybody’s wardrobe demands and preferences are distinct.
In the end, there is no such thing as right or wrong…
Pregnancy affects each individual differently. As a result, if you’re wondering when to start wearing maternity apparel, the answer is entirely up to you! If you ask around, pregnant mothers begin wearing maternity attire at various points throughout their pregnancy. Most women can wear their normal clothes for most of the first trimester (3 months).
But you might need to consider larger bra or looser fitting clothes for comfort during this time.When you are around 4 or 5 months pregnant, you may have to start wearing larger clothes. Most women switch to maternity wear when they are about 6 months pregnant.
However, there are a few signs that you’re ready to shop for maternity wear:
- Your baby bump can be seen peeking out from under your shirt.
- You can’t button your button-down shirts all the way down.
- Your pants are no longer able to be buckled or buttoned.
- You begin to prefer spandex or lycra material over any other clothing you own, and you begin to feel uneasy in clothes that you previously felt comfortable in.
- Feeling bloated throughout the day becomes an everyday thing.
Also don’t forget that wearing tight clothing can add to unnecessary pressure on the womb and aside from feeling uncomfortable, constricting garments also can lead to a host of health issues, such as pain and reduced blood circulation.
- WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN MATERNITY WEAR
Stretchy Clothes: Your weight and size are going to continue to change as you move through each trimester. It is important to buy clothes that will adapt to your changing needs. Pay attention to the fabric of the maternity clothes you’re buying. Anything with a flex fabric, stretch fabric or jersey fabric such as a spandex is definitely going to give you more flexibility as you progress into your later trimesters, allowing you to use it later on as well.
Ruching Fabrics: The ruching feature allows clothes to grow with your bump. It works with every body type. Which means that even if you buy it in your first trimester, it will fit with your body shape even later on in your pregnancy…
Think beyond pregnancy: Nursing elements are included into the apparel of certain maternity companies. If you plan to breastfeed after your baby is born, look for pregnancy clothing that are comfortable to nurse in. In a nutshell, pick outfits that make you feel good for the next nine months and beyond.
- FASHION TRENDS IN MATERNITY WEAR!
You probably must have admired that Instagram fashion blogger with the perfectly contoured pregnancy belly who makes wearing her bump appear easy and enjoyable.
Now for the reality check: For many expectant mothers, determining which maternity clothes fit and flatter is a daily issue. But don’t worry! Many maternity wear retailers provide clothing to fit each body type and would make sure you look—and feel—your best in the most suitable maternity wear for you!
Now one misconception many people have is that maternity wear is boring and too expensive. But these days maternity wear online and on other platforms come in different styles from where you can buy fairly affordable pregnancy clothes as per your taste, and stay comfortable yet stylish and fashionable…
- These days in this scorching weather, summer pregnancy clothes such as flowy and light maternity wear dresses, tops and tees would make this journey feel like a breeze for you…
- You can also enjoy your pregnancy journey with photoshoots of you with your baby bump! Nowadays many gowns, dresses and other outfits for pregnant women are trending…Encouraging and motivating women to embrace their baby bumps and be confident with their body thus many designers are coming out with maternity wear for photoshoots!
- For those women going to offices and are working, maternity wear office is available to make yourself chic, fashionable and comfortable while working, with stylish blouses, blazers and maternity wear bottoms…
- And of course, you can never go wrong with maternity wear kurtis, fit for any occasion, perfect pick for both pregnancy and post-pregnancy months!
Latest fashion trends in maternity wear :
- CROP TOPS
The latest trends include embracing the bare baby bump with crop tops! —a style that’s becoming more popular for romantic, staged pregnancy photo shoots.
- TIE AND DYE
The tie-and-dye trend has resurfaced and is here to stay! Tie-dye is the greatest trend for maternity attire to celebrate pregnancy and wear bold, vibrant colours!
Floral designs are trendy in pregnancy apparel because they bring out the brightness and radiance of a soon-to-be mom. Floral tunic dresses and tops are a must-have for any pregnant woman’s wardrobe!
- THE KNITTED DRESS
Pregnant women experience a variety of changes in their bodies, one of which is an inconsistency in body temperature. Pregnant women may feel chilly one minute and then overheat the next.
This is where the knitted maternity dress truly flourishes! Knitted dresses are not only a wonderful way to show off your baby belly, but they also keep you warm and comfy all day.
These dresses are perfect for the office, evenings, and weekend wear when paired with a classic belt or scarf.
- FORMAL SHIRTS
Formal shirts are a must-have for all expectant mothers who work at the same time! Shirts would be equally stylish and comfortable for your growing baby bump!
And these are just some of the ways how you can make your pregnancy journey a tad bit better, by feeling a bit more comfortable as well as not losing your radiance, with maternity wear!