After the rise of the pandemic, people have been in constant search of healthier alternatives that can improve their gut immunity. The traditional decaf Japanese matcha green tea has experimented with various alternatives that fit according to the tastes and preferences of its consumers.
How to Prepare The Traditional Green Matcha?
The traditional green matcha is the essence of the captivating Ochakai, the traditional Japanese tea ceremony. The elaborate drink might be a bit overwhelming and bitter at first, but it leaves a fine richness lingered in your mouth.
Things you Need to Make Matcha:
Tea bowl ( Chawan)-
The typical tea bowls are available in different styles used to make different thin and thick tea. The shallow bowls help cool the tea in summer, while the deeper ones help keep the tea warm for a longer time.
Allow the tea bowl to dry as ceramic retains moisture internally.
Alternative: A similar size bowl with a diameter as 12 cm
Tea whisk (Chasen)
The bamboo whisk comes with 80 tines. It can greatly whisk the matcha to get a rich froth.
Rinse the matcha with detergent and dry it in the open air.
Alternative: You can get a perfect foam with an electric frother.
Tea Scoop (Chashaku)
The traditional Japanese tea utensil measures the serving of the powdered matcha. The scoop is traditionally made from bamboo, but you find it in wood and ivory as well.
Avoid using water to clean it. Instead, use a tissue to wipe it off.
Alternative: You can use a regular teaspoon; 1 teaspoon of the powdered match equals 2gm.
You will need 1 ½ scoop of green tea powder for one tea bowl, which is around 2 gm and 60-70 ml of hot water.
Preparation for The Traditional Japanese Tea Matcha:
Keep the matcha, and the tea set handy.
Pour the boiling water in the Chawan(bowl) and smoothly whisk the tip of the Chasen(whisk) in hot water. This process warms the tea bowl and softens the bamboo tines, making the whisk flexible for effective whisking action.
Discard the hot water and clean the bowl with a dry cloth.
- Take 2 tsp or 3 chashaku (tea scoops) matcha into a fine-mesh strainer and keep it over the chawan (bowl).
- Sift your matcha properly so that they have no clumps for a smooth tea.
- Pour the boiling water into another cup, let cool until the temperature falls to 85 degrees.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of the hot water in chawan. Hold the bowl and mix it with Chasen (tea whisk) till you see a paste-like consistency.
- Gently pour around 70 ml of hot water into the cup.
- Whisk the matcha and the hot water briskly back-and-forth, stroking using your wrist until you see the rise of the bubbles.
- Draw one circle and pick up the whisk from the centre of the matcha tea to create a slightly higher fluffy foam in between.
The fine Japanese Matcha tea powder can become suspended in hot water during whisking, so it’s advised to have the matcha before the particles settle to the bottom of the bowl.
Preparation of Green Matcha Tea with Milk (Matcha Latte)
If you are planning to skip your habit of caffeine, then you must try buying the decaffeinated matcha tea and prepare yourself some green matcha latte every morning. Having matcha is not bad; in fact, it’s one of the top-selling beverages in Starbucks, but is it bad for your health?
Since people are consuming matcha for a healthy gut, we can say that milk reduces some of the benefits you get from authentic matcha. Green tea has catechin, which is good for the heart and blood flow. The protein in the milk, called casein, chemically reacts with catechin and reduces the health benefits.
But, it’s safe to say you can get the right benefits of skipping coffee while extracting at least fifty percent of matcha’s benefit.
Try vegan milk like soy instead of dairy. Soy milk contains lecithin, which does not interfere with the catechin in the matcha. Therefore you can enjoy the full health benefits of the green matcha tea without compromising the taste.
The matcha instead of sencha, for the milk tea. The matcha is powdered, and you can extract more health benefits by drinking the same amount of tea. We advise you to buy the decaffeinated Matcha powder online from a trusted brand and seller.
Preparation of matcha latte:
The following recipe for matcha latte is traditional and time-consuming, but it surely gives the best flavours.
- Take an eight-inch wide mug and sift about one teaspoon of matcha into the mug.
- Heat some water using a tea kettle or a saucepan but make sure the water is not boiling, unlike the traditional ceremonial matcha.
- Leave the water for some time and allow it to rest.
- Slowly pour the hot water into the mug with the matcha and finely whisk it into a paste using the chasen or a handheld frother. The result should be a smooth paste with no lumps.
- Heat approximately 3/4 cup of milk and add sugar or honey, whatever you please.
- For the taste, you can use any type of milk, either vegan or dairy. However, full-fat cow’s milk, coconut, or almond gives the best foam and smooth texture.
- Just warm up the milk so that you do not lose on the taste of the matcha. Use a thermometer to make sure the temperature does not exceed 150 degrees celsius.
Matcha is itself a rage, with so many potential health benefits, it is indeed the most preferred consumer choice in 2021. So enjoy the best sip of your matcha, knowing you are cracking so many health benefits of this wonderful drink like health improvement, increased brain function, Regulation in weight check, and so many others.
Switch your drink now, and buy the best organic matcha online!