If you love the great outdoors, then Yakima, WA is the perfect place for you! Nestled in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, Yakima is surrounded by mountains, forests, and rivers, making it the perfect place to enjoy all that nature has to offer. In Yakima, you can hike, bike, fish, camp, and more, all while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
Yakima is also home to several great restaurants, breweries, and shops, so you can enjoy a night on the town after a day of exploring the great outdoors. And, if you’re looking for a place to stay, Yakima has many hotels, motels, and camping options to choose from.
- Visit the Yakima Valley Museum – This museum is dedicated to preserving and sharing the history of the Yakima Valley. There are permanent and temporary exhibits, as well as a research library.
- Attend a Yakima Valley Pippins baseball game – The Pippins are a minor league baseball team that plays in the West Coast League. They have a beautiful stadium right in downtown Yakima.
- Visit the Yakima Valley Trolleys – The trolleys offer a unique way to see the Yakima Valley. They offer rides on both vintage and modern trolleys.
- Hike or bike the Yakima Greenway – The Yakima Greenway is a 22-mile-long linear park that follows the Yakima River. It’s a great place to get some exercise and enjoy the outdoors.
- Take a tour of the Columbia Basin Project – The Columbia Basin Project is an irrigation project that has had a huge impact on the Yakima Valley. Tours are available that will show you how the project works.
- Visit the Yakima Area Arboretum – The arboretum is a great place to enjoy the outdoors and learn about the plants and trees of the Yakima Valley.
- See a movie at the Valley Mall Cinema – The Valley Mall Cinema is a great place to see a movie. They have a large selection of movies and offer a discount on Tuesdays.
- Go shopping at Valley Mall – Valley Mall is the largest shopping mall in the Yakima Valley. It has a wide variety of stores, as well as a food court.
- Play a round of golf at Apple Tree Golf Course – Apple Tree Golf Course is a great place to play a round of golf. They have two 18-hole courses and a 9-hole executive course.
- Visit the Yakima Valley SunDome – The SunDome is a multi-purpose arena that is home to the Yakima Valley SunKings basketball team. It is also used for concerts and other events.
- Go to a Yakima Valley Vipers hockey game – The Vipers are a junior hockey team that plays in the Western Hockey League. They have a great arena and offer a discount on tickets for students.
- Check out the animals at the Yakima Valley Zoo – The zoo is a great place to see a wide variety of animals. They have a petting zoo, as well as a Reptile House.
- See a show at the Capitol Theatre – The Capitol Theatre is a historic theatre that hosts a variety of events, including concerts, plays, and movies.
- Visit the Yakima Valley Farmer’s Market – The farmer’s market is a great place to buy fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as other locally made products.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at White Pass – White Pass is a great place to hit the slopes. They have a ski resort, as well as a cross-country ski area.
- Take a hike in Yakima Canyon – Yakima Canyon is a great place to go for a hike. There are a variety of trails to choose from, as well as a scenic train ride.
- Visit the Yakima Valley viticultural area – The Yakima Valley viticultural area is a great place to learn about the wine industry. There are several wineries and vineyards in the area.
- Go to a Yakima Valley Dust Dodgers baseball game – The Dust Dodgers are a minor league baseball team that plays in the Northwest League. They offer a discount on tickets for students.
- Visit the Yakima Valley Research and Extension Center – The research center is a great place to learn about the research being conducted in the Yakima Valley. They offer tours and have a variety of informational pamphlets.
- Take a scenic drive on the Yakima River Canyon Highway – The Yakima River Canyon Highway is a great place to take a scenic drive. It offers beautiful views of the Yakima River and the surrounding canyon.
To Wrap Up:
So, whether you’re looking for a place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life or just want to enjoy the beauty of nature, Yakima, WA is the perfect place for you!