Imagine creating an important presentation for your boss. But, as soon as you sent the file via Microsoft Outlook, the program crashed, and all you could see was this error [pii_email_4e5f25e57bb7973c6db7.] Anybody using Microsoft Outlook has encountered this error at least once. This error tends to appear on the screen repeatedly, thereby preventing you from proceeding with your work any further. But, don’t worry; here are the four ways you can try to resolve the problem without any hassle.
What are the four ways to solve [pii_email_4e5f25e57bb7973c6db7] error code?
Error codes are inevitable when you are working with technology. But, you can’t let some trivial error codes ruin your hard work. Right? So, here are the four easy ways to solve [pii_email_4e5f25e57bb7973c6db7] error.
- First method- Update the Microsoft Outlook
Using the old version of Microsoft Outlook can often cause this error. So, here’s how you can update the program.
- First, check if your PC or laptop is compatible with the latest version of Outlook. If it is, get rid of the older version and update the program.
- Your old files will be retrieved in the new version accordingly.
- It is, however, better to back up the essential files once you install the new version of Microsoft Outlook.
- You can also opt for the ‘Easy File Transfer’ option to transfer the old files to the new version.
- The second method- Clear the cookies and cache
According to CDR engineers Australia, one should always clear the cookies and cache at least every week. Cookies are like small files that your PC stores to remember your preference. Here’s how to clear the same to fix the [pii_email_4e5f25e57bb7973c6db7] error.
- Deleting cookies:
- Select the option ‘Tools’ on Internet Explorer.
- Click on ‘Safety.’
- Select ‘Delete Browsing History.’
- Find the option ‘Cookies and website data.’ Click on it.
Deleting Outlook cache:
Caches are also like files that help Outlook retrieve and complete actions quickly. Here’s how to delete them:
- Press Windows key + R at the same time.
- The Run dialogue box will open. So, enter the following command- %local app data%\Microsoft\Outlook.
- Press Enter.
- Double click on the Roam Cache folder. Take a look at the cache files on Outlook.
- You can store a backup of the cache files in case you need to retrieve some of the files.
- To delete the caches, select all the files by pressing CTRL+A.
- Finally, hit the ‘Delete’ button on the keyboard.
- The third method- Choose an auto repair tool
Don’t worry if none of the tips mentioned above solves your problem. You can still use an auto repair tool and try to get rid of the error code.
- Go to The Office 365 application. Pick the auto repair tool from Microsoft.
- Select the type of fixing you want the tool to conduct on your machine.
- Finally, click on the fix. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- After the repair is done, restart the Microsoft Outlook program and see if the error is fixed.
Additional tip: Try using the net version of the auto repair tool.
- The fourth method- Remove third party email application
Working with more than one email applications can often cause this error while you are working on Microsoft Outlook. Here’s how you can remove third-party email applications:
- Find out if any third-party application or un-trusted source is present on your desktop. That might hinder the smooth functioning of Microsoft Outlook.
- Remove that application from your machine.
- Restart the machine and open Microsoft Outlook to see if the error still persists.
Error codes can be tricky. The tips mentioned above usually works all the time. But, you must also be prepared if the tips do not work out for you. Instead of panicking, consult with a trustworthy customer service executive. If you use an auto repair tool besides the one available in Office 365, make sure it is from a trustworthy source and is compatible with your machine.
What causes the [pii_email_4e5f25e57bb7973c6db7] error code?
Now that you know the possible easy solutions to fix the error code, let’s go through the common causes that lead to this error. See if any of the following causes resonate with your scenario. So, you can take care of the matter right in its bud.
- Using multiple accounts is one of the most common reasons why [pii_email_4e5f25e57bb7973c6db7] error code pops up.
- Improper installation of Microsoft Outlook can cause this error.
- The error code often shows up if you don’t clear the cookies and caches regularly.
- Also, if you haven’t updated the software, it can lead to [pii_email_4e5f25e57bb7973c6db7] error code.
According to expert CDR report writers, you shouldn’t beat yourself up if you aren’t familiar with any of the causes. Errors often occur due to reasons only professionals can identify. So, you can seek help from the official support team of Microsoft Outlook if none of the tips works out for you.
[pii_email_4e5f25e57bb7973c6db7] error code is a common one among Microsoft Outlook users. But, the good news is you can resolve the error using tips such as clearing the caches, updating the software, etc. However, in case of a serious issue, the error may not get fixed even with the above-mentioned tips. So, you can talk to the support team of Microsoft Outlook and seek further assistance.