Vadodara, earlier known as Baroda, is synonymous to education. The academic infrastructure was established by the Maharaja Sayajirao decades ago. It began with Maharaja Sayajirao University, which today is considered as the jewel to the Baroda crown. Various colleges have been developed ever since, thereby increasing education opportunities for students. A city known for various industries, also is a sought-after location for future prospects for students studying here. One of the popular streams among students planning to study in Vadodara is Engineering. BTech being one of the popular picks, here’s a list of top Engineering colleges in Vadodara that offer this four-year-long course in various specialisations.
|Name of College||Founded In||Affiliation||Ownership||Total BTech Courses||Annual Fees in Rs.|
|Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda||1949||Maharaja Sayajirao University||Government||8||70,800|
|Babaria Institute of Technology||2004||Gujarat Technological University||Private||5||3.84 L|
|Parul Institute of Engineering and Technology||2015||Parul University||Private||15||4 L|
|Vadodara Institute of Engineering||2009||Gujarat Technological University||Private||5||2.28 L|
|Sigma Institute of Engineering Vadodara||1997||Gujarat Technological University||Private||7||2.4 L|
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
Maharaja Sayajirao University also known as MSU, named after Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Gaekwad dynasty of Marathas. It was established as a college in 1881 and was granted the status of a University in 1949 after India’s independence. Today, it is one of the leading names in the city for BTech courses in various specialisations.
Some of the top specialisations offered by MSU Vadodara are:
Chemical Engineering | Civil Engineering | Computer Engineering | Electrical Engineering | Electronics Engineering | Mechanical Engineering | Textile Engineering | Irrigation and Water Management
- Babaria Institute of Technology
Babaria Institute of Technology also known as BITS established in 2004 in Vadodara. It is approved by AICTE and affiliated to GTU Ahmedabad. It is an internationally accredited institute with 228 faculty and 89 administrative and supporting staff. Their mission is to nurture excellence in students, faculty and staff by providing an environment centred around knowledge and innovation.
BTech courses offered by BITS are
Computer Science Engineering | Civil Engineering | Electronics and Communication Engineering | Electrical Engineering | Mechanical Engineering
- Parul Institute of Engineering and Technology
Parul University is an embodiment of the essence of cultural heritage with a blend of 21st century modernity. It is a home for many national and international students from around 50 countries, making it a global destination. There is a multidisciplinary network of expert faculties, corporate ties and global partnerships that provide students with enriching experience and uniquely shaping every student who in future will shape the world.
BTech courses offered by Parul institute of Engineering and Technology are
Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber Security | Big Data Analytics | Internet of Things | Artificial Intelligence) | Aeronautical Engineering | Robotics and Automation | Petroleum Engineering | Mechanical Engineering | Electrical Engineering | Electronics and Communication Engineering | Civil Engineering | Information Technology | Mechatronics | Automobile Engineering | Chemical Engineering | Biomedical Engineering | Dairy Technology | Agricultural Engineering
- Vadodara Institute of Engineering
Vadodara institute of engineering, located in Kotambi, Gujarat was established in 2009. It aims to be shortlisted in top institutions of the country. All the faculties are post graduates from renowned universities such as NITs and MSU. It also offers GD/PI training to the students to make them capable of the corporate world.
BTech courses offered by Vadodara Institute of Engineering are
Civil Engineering | Computer Engineering | Electrical Engineering | Mechanical Engineering | Information Technology
- Sigma Institute of Engineering Vadodara
Sigma Group focuses on the quality and knowledge for the overall development of the students. They assure you that the education will not only help you earn a degree but will also transform your personality and will also empower you to lead a successful life with the power of knowledge. It will also give you a novel experience to study with international students.
BTech courses offered by Sigma Institute of Engineering are
Chemical Engineering | Civil Engineering | Computer Engineering | Electrical Engineering | Mechanical Engineering | Information Technology | Electronics and Communication Engineering
Eligibility for BTech/BE
The criteria to be eligible for admission in any BTech program:
- For General: 12th science (min 45%)
For SC, ST, SEBC, EWS: 12th science (min 40%)
- Candidates must have core subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (Min aggregate 60% in these subjects) from a recognised board (Gujarat Board/ CBSE/ICSE or any equivalent board)
- Gujarat Domicile Students ― GUJCET (must)
Non-Domicile Students ― JEE Mains Exam (5% seats)
Note: BTech eligibility criteria may vary from institute to institute
Are you willing to pursue BTech from the top engineering college in Vadodara? If yes, then it is important to know the BTech admission process. Candidates are free to choose their specialisation according to their goals. The commencement of the admission process is in September for the batch 2020-21. ACPC (Admission Committee for Professional courses) is the authority to regulate the admission process in technical education. It granted 75% of the seats for private and 100% seats for government colleges.
How to get the application form?
- Visit the bank and pay the registration fee. And obtain the User ID and PIN
- Choose the degree engineering course
- Fill the registration form
- Choice filling
What is the Procedure to fill the form?
- Registration and document upload
- Apply on the online website: gujacpcadm.nic.in (as per the schedule)
- Submit the documents (Self attested copies) along with the registration form at the help centre
- Fees: INR 300/-
- Verification of Documents
- Marksheet 10th and 12th
- Entrance Exam scorecard
- Caste certificate (for SC, ST, SEBC, EWS, issued by the empowered authority by the state government)
- Certificates (Physically Disabled, Ex- Serviceman, In-Serviceman)
- Copy of income certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Photograph of Candidate
- Merit List
- Criteria of merit list: GUJCET 40% and PCM (12th) 60%
- Caste Reservation or other reservation
- JEE Mains score (for students outside Gujarat)
- Choice filling
- Choose the best colleges on the top
- Fill Government then Private Colleges
- Seat Allocation (Counselling Round)
- If first preferred college is allotted in the first round, then complete the further confirmation process
- If not, go for next counselling rounds
- Counselling Rounds
- Reporting and admission
- Do not submit the original documents.
- Prepare documents early
- Keep distance from brokers
- Research about the process and best colleges as much as you can
Get the list of other popular Engineering Colleges in Vadodara